1. Whisk together the dressing ingredients until thick and creamy.
2. Season the Hiramasa all over with salt and pepper.
3. Heat frying pan over medium high heat and add the oil.
4. Sauté the fish for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown, then turn and cook 2-3 minutes more – it should still be pink inside or medium rare for the most tender result. Cover with foil and set aside. You can also chill to serve cold, sliced.
5. Divide the beans, tomatoes, potatoes, egg and olives between plates. Top with the fish, and spoon over the dressing. Serve.
Cook’s Note: The fish can also be chilled to serve on the salad, sliced, or diced up to serve as a cold salad.
General Note: This salad is lovely when the fish and vegetables are either warm or cold. The Hiramasa (Kingfish), with its tender, buttery flavor and texture is the perfect pairing for the Nicoise vegetables