- Cook the pasta in a saucepan filled with boiling salted water, according to the package’s timed instructions until tender to the bite. Drain well.
- Heat a large frying pan with the olive oil over medium to low heat. Sauté the onion and garlic until tender for about 5 minutes. Add the crushed tomato, tomato puree, and brown sugar, chopped parsley, and lemon zest. Bring to the boil. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add 1 cup water and continue to cook for 10 minutes. Finally, add the crème fraiche, reduce the heat and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the Regal Wood Roasted Salmon from its packaging and leave to rest for 3-4 minutes at room temperature before preparing.
- Preheat the oven to 356°F. Combine the pasta with the tomato sauce, until all of the pasta is well coated. Add the flaked Regal Wood Roasted Salmon and toss through. Tip the pasta into a large baking dish. Top with the cherry tomatoes and parmesan cheese. Bake in oven for 30 minutes until warmed through. (see cooking note below)
- Serve garnished with parsley and fresh lemon or lime wedges and a side salad.
COOKING NOTE: If using either one of our Italian artisan pastas for this recipe, we recommend skipping the baking in the oven and just combine the pasta with the sauce on the stove-top. Heat through for a few minutes on low heat and serve. If you choose this version, make sure your fry pan is large enough to accommodate the pasta addition. If you don’t have a fry pan that’s large enough, you can also create the sauce in a Dutch oven and then mix the pasta into that.