- Pat scallops dry with a paper towel.
- In a large pan, start to crisp bacon. Cook bacon until golden brown – but still soft and pliable.
- In a small bowl, mix salt, pepper, and garlic and then sprinkle generously over scallops.
- Wrap each scallop with ½ bacon strip and secure by pushing a toothpick through the bacon and scallop.
- In another small bowl, mix brown sugar and ginger.
- Sprinkle brown sugar and ginger mixture all over scallop, but reserve much of the sugar and ginger to sprinkle after the scallops flip once.
- Heat butter in large pan until foamy and melted.
- Add scallops to pan and cook on medium high heat. Flip after 5-6 minutes, sprinkle with more sugar and ginger, and continue repeating steps until scallops are cooked.
- Serve immediately.
NOTE: To learn more about this recipe, visit Courtney O’Dell’s website ‘Sweet C Designs’.