Print this recipe
Crab Cakes with Preserved Lemon Aioli
2lb Dungeness crabmeat or Lump crabmeat (picked and rinsed if too salty)
1 egg, lightly beaten
½ C mayonnaise
1 tsp Dijon
1 tsp Celery Seed
3 T onion, finely diced
1 – 2 garlic cloves
¾ tsp Tobasco sauce
¾ tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 ¼ C Panko Bread crumbs
Basil – julienned
1 T butter
- Melt butter in saucepan and sauté diced onion over med-high heat.
- Grate garlic into pan with onion and sauté until mixture is soft but not brown (about 5 min.). Set aside to cool.
- Place mayonnaise, Dijon, celery seed, tobacco and Worcestershire together and combine.
- Add the egg and cooled onion/garlic mixture.
- Add to the crab along with ¼ C Panko crumbs and fold into the crab trying not to break up the lumps.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place rest of Panko crumbs into a plate.
- Measure out 4oz portions, creating a round disk.
- Coat crab disk with Panko and place on cookie sheet.
- In a fry pan add oil and heat on med-high heat until smoking.
- Place as many crab cakes as you can into fry pan without them touching each other.
- Pan fry until dark golden brown. Turn and brown on other side.
- Place crab cakes on cookie sheet when done browning and place sheet in the oven for 5-7 minutes.
- Take out of oven, squeeze lemon over top and sprinkle julienned basil on top.
- Serve with preserved lemon aioli.
Find more recipes on our curated Pinterest page