- Combine the garlic, red chili, onion half, parsley and mint into a food processor and blend together. Add the ground lamb, feta, egg, salt, pepper and process/pulse to combine.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place mixture in the fridge for at least 20 mins or for several hours.
- Form patties (they shrink quite a bit when cooked so make a little larger than circumference of your buns).
- Cook on BBQ or grill until desired doneness.
- When burgers are close to being done, toast brioche buns. (They burn quickly so watch carefully)
- Assemble with lettuce, tomato, beet chutney (optional) and serve!
Cook’s Note: You can take the other half of onion and grill the half rings until brown and caramelized. Add on top of burger!
Beet Chutney Instructions:
- Blend/pulse beets in a food processor or blender until it is in small pieces. (Not too large as it will make it hard to stay on the burger / bread and not too fine as it will look more like beet ketchup) and put into a large pot
- Place blender mix into a large pot and add the onions and all other ingredients.
- Start on medium-high heat stirring often and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 30-45 minutes or until it starts to slightly thicken and go glossy. Stir regularly. At this point if your chutney is too watery, you can mix 2 tsp corn flour with a little water. Once dissolved, add to the chutney, cooking for another 10 minutes or until it gets thicker.
- Put into jars and store in the refrigerator. Should last in the frig for a few weeks.
General Recipe Note: To really make this delicious recipe stand out, make homemade garlic aioli or mayonnaise. Buying either one at the store will still work beautifully. This recipe is also delicious without the beet chutney, but it does give it a special extra deliciousness!