Print this recipe
Ōra King Salmon Sashimi with Yuzu and Fresh Turmeric
6 oz (180 g) Ōra King Salmon (skinless, boneless)
1 teaspoon sesame oil
Zest of half an orange
1/2 teaspoon toasted black sesame seeds
1 1/2 teaspoon Yuzu juice (use fresh lime juice if Yuzu is not available)
3 teaspoons soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground white peppercorns (can substitute with black peppercorns)
1/3 inch fresh turmeric (use ginger if turmeric is not available)
1/2 teaspoon Shichimi Togarashi (Japanese 7 spice, if unavailable then use a little dried chili powder)
Ora King Salmon Sashimi with Yuzu and Fresh Turmeric
- Brush a serving plate with sesame oil.
- Zest the orange over the sesame oil, sprinkle over half the black sesame seeds.
- Thinly slice the salmon and arrange over the plate.
- Mix together the yuzu juice and soy sauce.
- Brush the salmon with the sauce followed by a sprinkling of the white pepper and the finely grated fresh turmeric.
- Finish with a sprinkling of Shichimi Togarashi and the remaining black sesame seeds.
General Recipe Note: Please visit @orakingsalmon IGTV on Instagram for the video
Find more recipes on our curated Pinterest page