1. Start by prepping filling ingredients first. Cut cucumber and carrot into matchsticks 2 inches in length, then half and thinly slice avocados. Discard salmon skin and break flesh into smaller chunks.
2. Bring a saucepan of water to the boil. Add the vermicelli noodles and cook for 2 minutes. Drain, run under cold water then drain again.
3. Fill a wide shallow bowl with warm water. Place a rice paper wrapper into the water and soak until it begins to soften. Remove from water and place on a clean tea towel, make sure the wrapper is perfectly smooth with no edges folded over.
4. Place a small handful of noodles, mung beans, carrot, cucumber, avocado, herbs and salmon in the center of the wrapper. Leave a 1 inch space at the base of the wrapper. Fold the bottom of the wrapper over the filling, then roll the sides up tightly into a cylinder.
5. Place on a tray lined with baking paper or plastic wrap, make sure the rolls aren’t touching. Scatter with toasted sesame seeds just before serving.
Ginger Chili Dipping Sauce: In a small saucepan, combine the sauce ingredients, bring to a simmer and cook for 15 – 20 minutes or until sauce thickens. Cool completely before serving. Serve with a few slices of fresh chili on top.