I. Smoked Salmon, Pickled Cucumber & Cream Cheese on Rye:
1. Place vinegar, water, sugar, and salt in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer then remove from heat. Add the cucumber and dill and set aside.
2. In a small bowl, mix cream cheese and horseradish.
3. Lightly toast the rye bread, remove crusts, and cut in half on an angle. Smear a spoonful of cream cheese on each piece of toast. Top with red onion, smoked salmon, pickled cucumber, capers and chives.
II. Hot Smoked Salmon, Lemon, Crème Fraiche & Puff Pastry:
1. Heat over to 370 F and line two oven trays with baking paper.
2. Using a cookie cutter, cut pastry into 12-15 3-inch circles. Using a smaller cookie cutter, roughly 2-inch in diameter, imprint a smaller circle in the center of each pastry disk, don’t cut all the way through. Place pastry circles on the lined baking trays and brush the outer edge with egg wash, then top with poppy seeds. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden and puffed up.
3. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine crème fraiche, lemon rind, garlic, and cracked black pepper.
4. In the center of the pastry puffs have puffed up, push them down with the back of a teaspoon to create a small well.
5. Fill the center of the pastry puff with crème fraiche mixture. Top with chunks of hot smoked salmon, sliced radish and dill.